Human Computer Interaction
Usability
Evaluation Report
Dated
03/18/2015
NAME: Mahanama M.G.G.D.D.P. – IT13124854
Chiththananda H.K.I.C.L. - IT13121884
SIGNATURE
:
Brief Description of User
The selected user is
currently a 3rd year student who is reading B.Sc. (Hons) Information
Technology degree at SLIIT. He has a good as well as bitter experience about
using different news websites. Since the selected prototype is basically a news
website the user should have some familiarity about news websites. That is why
we selected this user as our participant for usability evaluation.
Process Overview
|
|
Methods used to process the usability evaluation are
Questionnaires, Videotapes, Think aloud protocols etc. We used SLIIT 7th
floor lecture hall as the location for the usability evaluation. Because it was
easier and less noisy.
- Can you find the top story of this page?
- There are several top stories in this page, Can you
view them?
- Can you find the last updated time of the page?
- Can you view the sports news?
- Can you view a full story of a news?
- Can you go to the business section?
- Can you share this in one of your social network?
- Can you go to the home?
- What do you think about the advertisements on this
page?
- Can you search a particular news?
Transcript
|
|
|
I- [00.16] Can
you find the top story of this page?
U-[00.18] Here it
is.This is the top story.
I-[00.23] Ok. Now
there are several top stories in this page, Can you view them?
U-[00.30] from
here I can click this button
I-[00.33]
Ok.Thats fine.
I-[00.43] Now can
you find the last updated time of the page?
U-[00.51] Last
updated time. (Scroll down the page)
I-[01.05] actually
it should be in the top of the page
U-[01.10] Ah! (Scroll
up the page) here it is.
I-[01.17] Ok.so
did you find any difficulties to find it?
U-[01.22] it’s
not much visible
I-[01.26] Now can
you view the world news?
U-[01.29] yes.
Here it is.
I-[01.36] Now Can
you view the sports news?
U-[01.44] (User
clicks the sports section in the menu)
I-[01.54] now you
can see some news stories here right? So can you view a full story of a news?
U-[02.00]ok.I can
click read more button.
I-[02.14] so you
got it right?
U-[02.15] yes.
I-[02.22] so can
you go to the business section?
U-[02.24] Ok
business news is here.
I-[02.42] There
also can you view a full story?
U-[02.46] (User
clicks read more button)
I-[02.53] so can
you share this in one of your social network? I mean find the link
U-[03.00] here is
the link. And I can like this new in Facebook also, and in tweeter and there is
another link to share this post .
I-[03.15] Ok. Now
again. Can you go to the home?
U-[03.20] (User
clicks the home button)
I-[03.23] so did
you face any difficulties to find the home button?
U-[03.27] No it’s
very easy.
I-[03.36] so what
do you think about the advertisements on this page?
U-[03.38] all the
advertisements are in this right corner I think.
I-[03.47] you can
go to another sub section and see.
U-[03.53] I will
go to the business section. And there also advertisements are in the right
corner.
I-[04.17] Can you
search a particular news?
U-[04.21] here it
is the search button.
I-[04.27]
ok.Thank you.
Feedback & Critical Incidence
|
|
Usability Evaluation Feedback Analysis
|
#
|
Prototype Screen
|
Reference
|
User’s feedback/ critical incidence/ problem
|
Reason for negative feedback / breakdown
|
Scope
|
Severity
(High/ Medium/
Low) and
Justification for giving it that rating |
Way(s) to rectify and any Tradeoffs (i.e., why the fix
might not work)
|
|
1
|
See Picture 1
|
|
User had to spend some time to find the last updated time and date of the page |
Because its not much visible
|
This
page only.
|
Medium.
Because user want to know about the last updated time and date of the page
|
Change
the Font ,font size and color to highlight
|

No comments:
Post a Comment